Col Paul R. Brezinski is commander of the 49th Medical Group, Holloman AFB, New Mexico. He is responsible for the health and wellness of all personnel assigned to the 49th Wing as well as assigned mission partners. He directs medical operations to maintain combat-ready deployable medical units, manages a $10 million budget to provide comprehensive healthcare to more than 18,000 beneficiaries, promotes wellness and fitness through an aggressive health promotion program, and ensures compliance with health and environmental regulatory standards.
Col Brezinski received a commission in 1995, and began serving in the Medical Service Corps (MSC). He has held a variety of different positions within the medical service including the Administrator of a US/Canadian Clinic on a NATO installation, Group Practice Manager, Director of Managed Care, Operations Squadron Administrator, Chief of Medical Materiel, Associate Professor and two Squadron Commands. He has extensive joint experience in academic and operational environments with Army and Navy personnel. He is a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE), and a Fellow for the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME).
1995 Bachelor of Science, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo. 2000 Master of Health Services Administration, Arizona State University, Tempe 2000 Master of Business Administration, Arizona State University, Tempe
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Air Command & Staff College, by correspondence
2007 Doctor of Philosophy, Health Services and Policy, University of Iowa, Iowa City 2015 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. May 1995 – June 1997, Chief, Medical Materiel, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
2. June 1997 – August 1998, Medical Operations Squadron Administrator, Offutt AFB, Neb.
3. August 1998 – May 2000, Masters Student, Arizona State University, Tempe
4. May 2000 – March 2001, Director of Managed Care, Patrick AFB, Fla.
5. March 2001 – August 2001, Group Practice Manager, Patrick AFB, Fla.
6. August 2001 – August 2004, Administrator, US/Canadian Clinic, Geilenkirchen NATO Air Base, Germany
7. August 2004 – August 2007, Doctoral Student, University of Iowa, Iowa City
8. August 2007 – June 2010, Associate Professor/Air Force Deputy Program Director, Army-Baylor Graduate Program in Health and Business Administration, Texas (September 2008 – January 2009 J-5 Plans and Programs, Joint Task Force Med, Bagram AB, Afghanistan)
9. July 2010 – June 2012, Commander, 359th Medical Support Squadron and Medical Group Administrator, Randolph AFB, Texas
10. July 2012 – June 2014, Commander, 99th Medical Support Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
11. July 2014 – June 2015, Student, Air War College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. June 2015 – July 2016, Deputy Chief, Medical Support Division, HQ AETC/SG, Randolph AFB, Texas
13. July 2016 – June 2017, Administrator, 48th Medical Group, RAF Lakenheath, England
14. June 2017 – Present, Commander, 49th Medical Group, Holloman AFB, N.M.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
ACHE Regent’s Senior Healthcare Executive of the Year Award, 2014 UNLV School of Health Sciences Outstanding Service Award, 2014 Air Force Medical Service Corps Commitment to Service Award, 2013 ACHE Regent’s Senior Healthcare Executive of the Year Award, 2011
Distinguished Faculty Service Award, Army-Baylor Graduate Program, 2008
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
First Lieutenant May 31, 1997
Captain May 31, 1999
Major Feb. 1, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 1, 2009
Colonel Mar. 1, 2016
(Current as of 14 Sep 2016)