Colonel Frank Marconi is the Commander of the 635th Materiel Maintenance Group, Holloman AFB, NM. He leads the USAF's only organic Basic Expeditionary Airfield Resources (BEAR) unit and is responsible for providing flexible and responsive resources and expertise to support the Nation's priorities. He leads 412 military and civilian personnel with 32 different specialties, and executes a $5.4 million annual budget to maintain the readiness and accountability of $260 million of War Reserve Materiel. This mission represents the USAF's largest deployment commitment and is comprised of 2,082 equipment packages and 132 general and special purpose vehicles. He ensures technical assistance teams are prepared to support operations worldwide. As the Air Force Center of Excellence for BEAR Operations, the Group supports modernization through constant testing and evaluation; achieves program efficiencies, and sets global standards as the BEAR Pilot Unit.
Colonel Marconi was born in Alliance, Ohio and received his commission from the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps at Kent State University in 1995. He is a career Logistics Readiness Officer with various assignments at wing, center, joint, and headquarters levels. Also, he completed a two year Aircraft Maintenance crossflow program. Most recently, Colonel Marconi was the Air Force National Account Manager, Directorate of Logistics Operations, Headquarters Defense Logistics Agency, Fort Belvoir, Virginia. He is married to Wendee Raos-Marconi of Medina, Ohio and they have two children Brodie and Keegan.
1995 Bachelor of Art, Secondary Education, Social Studies, Kent State University, Ohio
1996 Supply Officer Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
1999 Aircraft Maintenance and Munitions Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2001 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Master’s of Business Administration, Transportation & Logisitics Management, American Military University (Honor Graduate)
2006 Advanced Logistics Readiness Officer Course, Fort Dix, N.J. (Distinguished Graduate)
2007 Air Command and Staff College - by correspondence
2010 Phase II, Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2012 Air War College - by correspondence
1. July 1995 - October 1997, Commander, Combat Operations Support Flight, then Fuels Management Flight, 22nd Supply Squadron, McConnel AFB, Kan.
2. October 1997 - August 2001, Commander, Fuels Management Flight, 52nd Supply Squadron, then Accessories Flight, 52nd Component Repair Squadron, then Sortie Support, 23rd Fighter Squadron, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
3. August 2001 - July 2004, Chief of Supply, then Logisitics Operations Officer, Arnold Engineering Development Center, Tenn.
4. July 2004 - February 2007, Chief, Fuels Management Branch, then Cargo and Passenger Branch, Headquarters ACC, Langley AFB VA
5. February 2007 - March 2008, Opeartions Officer, 379th Expeditionary Logistics Readiness Squadron, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
6. March 2008 - June 2010, Lead Joint Operations Officer, then Air Force Logistics Planner, DLA Europe & Africa, Ramstein AB, Germany
7. June 2010 - July 2012, Commander, 49th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
8. July 2012 - June 2014, Deputy, Logistics Readiness Division, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
9. June 2014 - December 2016, Deputy Commander, 19th Mission Support Group, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
10. December 2016 - June 2017, Acting Vice Commander, 19th Airlift Wing, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
11. June 2017 - July 2018, Air Force National Account Manager, Directorate of Logistics Operations (J-3), Headquarters, Defense Logistics Agency, Fort Belvoir VA
12. July 2018 - Present, Commander, 635th Materiel Maintenance Group, Holloman AFB, NM
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 12, 1995
First Lieutenant June 6, 1997
Captain June 6, 1999
Major November 1, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel September 1, 2010
Colonel December 1, 2016.
(Current as of 18 May 2018)