Colonel Joseph P. Moehlmann is the Commander of the 635th Materiel Maintenance Group, Holloman AFB, N.M. He leads the USAF's only organic Basic Expeditionary Airfield Resources (BEAR) unit and is responsible for providing flexible and responsive resources and expertise to support the Nation's priorities. He leads 412 military and civilian personnel with 32 different specialties, and executes a $5.4 million annual budget to maintain the readiness and accountability of $260 million of War Reserve Materiel. This mission represents the USAF's largest deployment commitment and is comprised of 2082 equipment packages and 132 general and special purpose vehicles. He ensures technical assistance teams are prepared to support operations worldwide. As the Air Force Center of Excellence for BEAR Operations, the Group supports modernization through constant testing and evaluation; achieves program efficiencies, and sets global standards as the BEAR Pilot Unit.
Colonel Moehlmann was born in Conroe, Texas. He and his wife Kimberly have one son, and three daughters.
Colonel Moehlmann earned his commission through the Air Force Academy in 1991. He is a career logistics officer and with extensive deployed and home station experience in logistics plans, transportation, fuels, and supply chain management at the wing, Air Force MAJCOM, and Joint and Combined headquarters levels. Prior to assuming his current position, Col Moehlmann served as the Future Ops Division Chief for the CENTCOM Deployment and Distribution Operations Center (CDDOC) at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait.
1991: Bachelor of Science, Business Management, U.S. Air Force Academy
1997: Squadron Officer School, in-residence
2004: Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2005: Master of Arts, Business Administration, Trident University
2007: Advanced Logistics Readiness Officers Course (ALROC), Distinguished Graduate
2011: Air War College, by correspondence
2012: Certificate Supply Chain Management, Penn State
1. August 1991 - February 1992: Undergraduate Pilot Training student, 84th FTW, Laughlin AFB, Texas
2. February 1992 - June 1995: T-37 Deputy Program Manager, SA-ALC/LF, Kelly AFB, Texas
3. June 1995 - May 1997: Installation Deployment Officer, 12th FTW, Randolph AFB, Texas
4. May 1997 - June 1999: Installation Deployment Officer and Logistics Plans Flight Commander, 6th ARW, MacDill AFB, Fla.
5. July 1999 - October 2002: Commandant of Cadets and Admissions Officer, AFROTC Det 195,
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Ill.
6. October 2002 - October 2005: Chief of Logistics and Deputy Director, HQ SOCEUR/J-3 SOLE,
Ramstein AB, Germany
7. November 2005 - June 2007: Operations Officer, 5th Logistics Readiness Squadron (ACC), Minot
8. July 2007 - June 2010: A4 Executive Officer and Supply Chain Management Branch Chief, HQ AFMC/A4RM, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. July 2010 - May 2012, Commander: 438th Supply Chain Operations Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
10. May 2012 - May 2013: Chief, Commander's Action Group, HQ AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. May 2013 - October 2014: Deputy Division Chief, HQ AFMC/A4P, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. October 2014 - May 2015: Division Chief, Future Operations Division, US CENTCOM Deployment and Distribution Operations Center (CDDOC), Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
13. July 2015 - Present: Commander, 635th Materiel Maintenance Group, Holloman AFB, N.M.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Navy Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Wing Lance P. Sijan Award Winner, Minot AFB, 2007
Center Lance P. Sijan Award Winner, AFGLSC, 2011
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant - May 1991
First Lieutenant - May 1993
Captain - May 1995
Major - June 2003
Lieutenant Colonel - July 2008
Colonel - November 2014
(Current as of July 2015)