Colonel Casey Tidgewell is the Commander, 49th Operations Group, Holloman AFB, NM. The group is comprised of the 6th Attack Squadron, 9th Attack Squadron, 16th Training Squadron, and 29th Attack Squadron at Holloman AFB, with the 491st Attack Squadron at Hancock Field ANGB in Syracuse, NY and the 492d Attack Squadron at March ARB in Riverside, CA. The 49th Operations Group is the lead Formal Training Unit for MQ-9 Reaper aircrew, providing more than 700 pilots and sensor operators to combat units annually.
Colonel Tidgewell received his commission from the United States Air Force Academy in 1997 as a distinguished graduate and entered Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training at Sheppard AFB, TX. He flew the F-16 at Hill AFB, UT, and Kunsan AB, South Korea. In 2003, Col Tidgewell was assigned to Creech AFB, NV and flew the MQ-1, MQ-9, and RQ-170 Remotely Piloted Aircraft. He then served as the Chief of the Combat Air Forces and ISR Branch, as well as the RPA Pilot Career Field Manager, in the Directorate of Operations at Headquarters Air Force. Col Tidgewell commanded the 49th Operations Support Squadron at Holloman AFB, NM and Cadet Group One at the United States Air Force Academy. He also served as the Director of the Academy’s Remotely Piloted Aircraft Program and as the Director of the United States Air Force Defense Sensitive Support Office at Headquarters Air Force.
1997 Bachelor of Science in Operations Research, USAF Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2003 Squadron Officer School, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2010 Master of Military Operational Arts/Science, Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Air War College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. September 1997 – January 1999, Student, Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training, 80 FTW, Sheppard Air Force Base, Tex.
2. February 1999 – October 1999, Student, F-16 Initial Qualification Training, 309 FS, Luke AFB, Ariz.
3. November 1999 – May2002, F-16 Flight Lead/Asst Chief of Weapons, 4 FS, Hill AFB, Ut.
4. June 2002 – July 2003, F-16 Flight Lead/Chief of Scheduling, 35 FS, Kunsan Air Base, South Korea
5. August 2003 – January 2004, Student, MQ-1 Initial Qualification Training, 11 RS, Indian Springs Auxiliary Air Field, Nev.
6. February 2004 – May 2006, MQ-1/9 Flight Examiner/Flight Commander, 17 RS, Nellis AFB, Nev.
7. June 2006 – June 2008, MQ-9 Flight Examiner/Asst Director of Operations, 42 ATKS, Creech AFB, Nev.
8. July 2008 – June 2009, Director of Operations, 30 RS, Tonopah Test Range, Nev.
9. July 2009 – June 2010, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. July 2010 – June 2012, Chief, Combat Air Forces and ISR Branch, HAF/A3O, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. July 2012 – August 2012, Student, MQ-9 Requalification Training, 29 ATKS, Holloman AFB, N.M.
12. September 2012 – August 2014, Commander, 49 OSS, Holloman AFB, N.M.
13. September 2014 – April 2015, Director, Commander’s Action Group, 49 WG, Holloman AFB, N.M.
14. May 2015 – May 2017, Commander, Cadet Group One, US Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
15. June 2017 – June 2018, Director, Remotely Piloted Aircraft Program, US Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
16. July 2018 – July 2019, Director, USAF Defense Sensitive Support, HAF/A3O, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
17. July 2019 – Present, Commander, 49th Operations Group, Holloman AFB, N.M.