Colonel Rashóne J. Tate is the commander of the 49th Mission Support Group, Holloman Air Force Base, N.M. She commands over 1,800 Airmen, civilians, and contractors, managing and directing base support, security, logistics, personnel, and services activities for 13,000 people, supporting MQ-9 Reaper training as well as associate units to include the 54th Fighter Group (F-16 Fighting Falcon training operations), 635th Materiel Maintenance Group (Basic Expeditionary Airfield Resources), and the 704th Test Group. Colonel Tate oversees operations for 66,000 acres of land, 1,394 facilities, and over $5.3 billion in infrastructure and equipment, while directing annual execution of over 17 million dollars of appropriated funds, 7.4 million dollars in non-appropriated funds, and 33 million dollars in civilian pay. In addition, she provides base and local disaster response and contingency support.
Colonel Tate was commissioned in 1996 through the Reserve Officer Training Corps. She has served in various assignments at squadron, group, wing field operating agency, major command, air staff, combatant command, and the joint staff. Her career is highlighted by implementing the Air Force’s first rapidly deployable Satellite Communications (SATCOM) system for deployed security forces, installing Air Education and Training Command’s first dual commissioned operational 25 and 07 runway mobile microwave landing systems, showcasing the Department of Defense’s Ceremonial Bugle initiative, and developing an unmanned aerial vehicle data dissemination redundant Predator Receive Terminal communications capability. Prior to her current assignment, she was Chief, Warfighting Capabilities and Integration Division, Directorate of Communications, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA.
1991 Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Park University, Parkville, Mo.
1997 Communications-Computer Systems Officer Training Course, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
1998 Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems Management, Park University, Parkville Mo.
2000 Master of Science degree in Operations Systems Management, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Ark.
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2003 Masters Certificate in Organizational Management, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2006 Air Command and Staff College (Air Force Intern Program), Headquarters United States Air Force, Washington D.C.
2010 Joint and Combined Warfighting School (JPME Phase II), Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2012 Air War College (Distance Learning), Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2017 Masters of Art in Strategic Studies, United States Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
1. June 1996 - October 1997, Chief, Internal Applications Software Development, Technical Services Squadron, Kelly Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas
2. October 1997 - March 1998, Communications Systems Support Commander, Detachment 1, 4410th Airlift Squadron (Provisional) Seeb, Oman
3. March 1998 - August 1998, Chief, Communications Engineer Technology Demonstration Center, 690th Computer Systems Squadron, Kelly Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas
4. August 1998 - March 1999, Logistics Flight Commander, 690th Intelligence Support Squadron, Kelly Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas
5. March 1999 - October 2000, Mission Systems Flight Commander, 314th Communications Squadron, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
6. October 2000 - October 2001, Executive Officer, 314th Support Group, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
7. October 2001 – June 2002, Executive Officer, 314th Airlift Wing, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
8. June 2002 – June 2003, Student, Air Force Intern Program, Headquarters Air Force, Washington D.C.
9. July 2003 – June 2004, Action Officer, Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance Communications, Directorate of Communications, Langley Air Force Base, Va.
10. July 2004 – Apr 2005, Chief, Command and Control Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Communications Support Team, Directorate of Communications, Langley Air Force Base, Va.
11. May 2005 – Apr 2007, Executive Officer, Directorate of Communications, Langley Air Force Base, Va.
12. May 2007 – Jun 2009, Commander, 56th Communications Squadron, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz.
13. July 2009 – May 2010, Chief, Integration Branch, Strategy and Policy Directorate, U.S. Joint Forces Command, Norfolk, Va.
14. June 2010 – April 2011, Deputy Chief, Integration and Engagement Division, Strategy and Policy Directorate, U.S. Joint Forces Command, Norfolk, Va.
15. April 2011 – August 2011, Executive Assistant to the Director, Strategy and Policy Directorate, U.S. Joint Forces Command, Norfolk, Va.
16. August 2011 – June 2012, Executive Assistant to the Deputy Director for Joint Force Coordination, Operations Directorate, Joint Staff, Norfolk, Va.
17. June 2012 – June 2014, Commander, 81st Communications Squadron, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
18. June 2014 – July 2016, Deputy Commander, 690th Cyberspace Operations Group, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
19. July 2016 – June 2017, Student, United States Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
20. June 2017 – July 2018, Chief, Warfighting Capabilities and Integration Division, Directorate of Communications, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
21. July 2018 to present, Commander, 49th Mission Support Group, Holloman AFB, N.M.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with one device
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal with one device
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 29, 1996
First Lieutenant May 29, 1998
Captain May 29, 2000
Major June 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel September 1, 2011
Colonel November 1, 2017
(Current as of July 2018)