TRICARE, which provides more cost-effective medical coverage than CHAMPUS (Civilian Health and Medical Program for the Uniformed Services), began at Holloman April 1, 1997. TRICARE was developed to improve access to care for all Military Health Services System beneficiaries, and to continue to provide affordable and high-quality care while containing the spiraling costs of healthcare for both the beneficiary and the DoD.
Additionally, TRICARE allows for the first time a choice for beneficiary coverage: Prime, Extra, or Standard. Prime assures the beneficiary timely access to care, enhanced preventive benefits, and drastically reduced costs from the old CHAMPUS program, while eliminating the requirement for annual deductibles. The TRICARE Extra and Standard programs are essentially the same as the old CHAMPUS benefit with annual deductibles and percentage cost shares.
to read more about TRICARE benefits, information, forms, as well as frequently asked questions.
TRICARE Service Center
... (505) 572-7700
... (505) 572-2778
Health Care Finder
After Hours Care
... (505) 572-2778, Option 2
Out of Area
... (505) 572-3813
Debt Collection Assistance Officer Program
- The Debt Collection Assistance Officer can be reached at (505) 572-5750.
Beneficiary Counseling and Assistance Coordinator
- The Beneficiary Counseling and Assistance Coordinator can be reached at (505) 572-5750.
- Take advantage of your TRICARE benefits.
TRICARE Dental Plan
- Insuring America's Dental Health
TriWest Healthcare Alliance
- Central Region, Central Source Serving America's Finest
Military Medical Support Office
- The Military Medical Support Office was established to serve as the centralized Tri-Service point of contact for customer service and medical/dental case management; to coordinate civilian health care services outside of the cognizance of a Military Treatment Facility for Active Duty military and Reserve components.
TRICARE Prime Remote
- TRICARE Prime Remote is a program that provides Active Duty Service Members (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard and active National Guard) in the United States with a specialized version of TRICARE Prime while they are assigned to duty stations in areas not served by the traditional military healthcare system.
TriWest Enrollment Online
- TRICARE Prime: If you are eligible for TRICARE and live in a TRICARE Prime service area, you are eligible to receive Prime benefits. TRICARE Prime Remote: To be eligible to enroll in TRICARE Prime Remote, you must be an active duty service member who lives and works more than 50 miles from the nearest military treatment facility.
TRICARE Management Activity
- Understanding your TRICARE benefits, TRICARE provider information, TRICARE administration, etc.