CMSgt Thomas E. Temple is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 49th Wing, Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico. He serves as the principle enlisted leader to the Wing Commander on all issues regarding the training, safety, morale, welfare and quality of life issues affecting a total force of over 4,000 enlisted Airmen. Chief Temple is also the senior enlisted advisor in support of Holloman’s mission to provide combat-ready Airmen, training F-16 pilots and MQ-9 pilots and sensor operators, as well as supporting the 635th Materiel Maintenance Group (Basic Expeditionary Airfield Resources) and the 704th Test Group.
CMSgt Temple entered the Air Force on Oct 23, 1996. He completed technical training as a Financial Management Apprentice at Sheppard AFB, Texas and has served in various financial management positions throughout his career. He has also served as an Airman Leadership School Instructor and Legislative Fellow on Capitol Hill. Chief Temple has deployed multiple times in support of contingency operations in Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and Qatar. Prior to his current assignment, Chief Temple was the Superintendent, 27th Special Operations Mission Support Group, Cannon AFB, New Mexico.
2001 Airmen Leadership School, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
2001 Associate of Science, Financial Management-CCAF
2002 Bachelor of Science, Human Resource Management, Park University, Mo.
2004 Master of Business Administration and Management, University of Phoenix, Ariz.
2004 Associate of Science, Instructor of Technology and Military Science
2005 Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Keesler, AFB, Miss.
2006 Occupational Instructor Certificate-CCAF
2011 Professional Manager Certificate-CCAF
2012 Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2013 Defense Financial Management Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Certified Defense Financial Manager, American Society of Military Comptrollers
2015 Legislative Studies Certificate, Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
2015 Defense Fellow, Air Force Legislative Fellowship Program (IDE), Washington D.C.
2017 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2018 Joint SNCO Professional Military Education Course II, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2019 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2019 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
1. October 1996-September 2000, Travel Pay Technician, 97th Air Mobility Wing, Altus Air Force Base (AFB), Okla.
2. September 2000-September 2004, NCOIC Customer Service, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
3. September 2004-July 2008, Airman Leadership School Instructor, 5th Mission Support Group, Minot AFB, N.D.
4. July 2008-June 2010, Section Chief PACAF Military Pay, AF Financial Services Center, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
(Deployed February 2009 - February 2010, Joint Budget Analyst, Multi-National Security Command, Baghdad, Iraq)
5. June 2010-June 2014, Flight Chief Financial Management and Analysis, 673d Comptroller Squadron, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska.
6. June 2014-December 2015, Defense Fellow, Office of Congresswoman Niki Tsongas, Air Force Legislative Fellowship Program (IDE), Washington, D.C.
7. January 2015-August 2018, AF Congressional Budget and Appropriations Liaison, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Budget, Assistant Secretary of Air Force for Financial Management and Comptroller, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
8. September 2018-May 2020, Superintendent, 27th Special Operations Mission Support Group, Cannon AFB, N.M.
(Deployed July 2019 - September 2019 Senior Enlisted Leader, Joint Special Operations Air Component- Central, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar)
9. May 2020-Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 49th Wing, Holloman AFB, N.M.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four Oak Leaf Clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one Oak Leaf Cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War On Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War On Terrorism Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant July 1, 2016
(Current as of May 2020)