Chief Master Sergeant Jeffrey D. Martin is the Command Chief for the 49th Wing, Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico. He serves as the principle enlisted leader to the Wing Commander on all issues regarding the training, safety, morale, welfare and quality of life issues affecting a total force of over 4,000 enlisted personnel. The 49th Wing serves as the primary F-16 and MQ-9 training schoolhouse for the United States Air Force, training more than 150 F-16 pilots and 700 MQ-9 pilots and sensor operators annually. Additionally, the wing provides support to more than 21,000 military and civilian personnel to include the 635th Materiel Maintenance Group (Basic Expeditionary Airfield Resources) and the 704th Test Group.
Chief Martin enlisted in the Air Force in September 1997 and graduated from the Electrical Power Production Apprentice Course at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas. He has held a variety of leadership positions at the squadron and group levels in the Civil Engineering and Military Training Instructor career fields. He has deployed in support of Operation SOUTHERN WATCH, Operation ENDURING FREEDOM, Operation IRAQI FREEDOM, Operation INHERENT RESOLVE, and Operation FREEDOM’s SENTINAL. Prior to this assignment, Chief Martin served as the Command Chief, 53d Wing at Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
2000 Airman Leadership School, Holloman AFB, N.M.
2000 Associate of Arts in General Studies, State Fair Community College, Sedalia, Mo.
2000 Associate of Applied Science in Mechanical and Electrical Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2005 Military Training Instructor School, Lackland AFB, Texas
2006 Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2007 Associate of Applied Science in Instructor of Technology and Military Sciences, Community College of the Air Force
2010 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education I Correspondence Course, Joint Forces Staff College
2011 Inspector General Inspector Course, Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
2012 Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2013 Antiterrorism Officer Level II Course, Defense Security Service
2013 DoD Vulnerability Assessment Course, Defense Threat Reduction Agency
2016 Bachelor of Science in Management (Cum Laude), Park University, Parkville, Mo.
2016 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
2017 Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2018 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II Correspondence Course, Joint Forces Staff College
2019 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2021 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2021 Leading Strategically, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1. Sep 1997-Nov 1997, Trainee, Basic Military Training, 331st Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. Nov 1997-Dec 1997, Student, Electrical Power Production, 366th Training Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. Dec 1997-Aug 2000, Electrical Power Production Apprentice, 509th Civil Engineer Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
(Jun 1999-Oct 1999, Power Plant Operator, 386th Expeditionary Civil Engineer Squadron, Ali Al Salem AB, Kuwait)
4. Aug 2000-Sep 2001, Electrical Power Production Journeyman, 49th Civil Engineer Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
5. Sep 2001-Sep 2002, Electrical Power Production Journeyman, 51st Civil Engineer Squadron, Osan AB, Korea
6. Sep 2002-Jul 2005, Power Production Supervisor, 509th Civil Engineer Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
(Nov 2003-Mar 2004, NCOIC, Aircraft Arresting Systems Maintenance, 379th Expeditionary Civil Engineer
Squadron, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
7. Jul 2005-Sep 2008, Military Training Instructor, 323rd Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
8. Sep 2008-Jun 2010, Instructor Supervisor, MTI School, 37th Training Support Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
9. Jun 2010-Aug 2011, NCOIC, Operations, 737th Training Group Standardization and Evaluation, Lackland AFB, Texas
10. Aug 2011-Dec 2012, Section Chief, Deployment Training, 1st Combat Comm Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
11. Dec 2012-Apr 2014, Superintendent, Ops Engineering, 786th Civil Engineer Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
12. Apr 2014-Aug 2015, Superintendent, Facility Systems, 786th Civil Engineer Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
(Jul 2014-Jan 2015, Electrical Superintendent, 379th Expeditionary Civil Engineer Squadron, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
13. Aug 2015-Jan 2016, Superintendent, Facility Systems, 35th Civil Engineer Squadron, Misawa AB, Japan
14. Jan 2016-Apr 2017, Superintendent, Operations Flight, 35th Civil Engineer Squadron, Misawa AB, Japan
15. Apr 2017-Sep 2018, Squadron Superintendent, 35th Civil Engineer Squadron, Misawa AB, Japan
16. Sep 2018-Jun 2020, Squadron Superintendent, 56th Civil Engineer Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
17. Jun 2020-Nov 2020, Group Superintendent, 56th Mission Support Group, Luke AFB, Ariz.
18. Nov 2020-Jul 2022, Command Chief, 53d Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
19. Jul 2022-present, Command Chief, 49th Wing, Holloman AFB, NM
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with eight oak leaf clusters
1997 Top Graduate, Electrical Power Production Apprentice Course, 366th Training Squadron
1999 Promoted to Senior Airman Below-the-Zone
2000 John L. Levitow Award, Airman Leadership School
2000 Commandant’s Leadership Award, Airman Leadership School
2003 NCO of the Year, 509th Civil Engineer Squadron
2005 Distinguished Graduate, MTI School
2005 Commandant’s Award, MTI School
2005 Excellence in Instruction Award, MTI School
2007 Master Military Training Instructor (Blue Rope - Top 10% of MTI Corps)
2008 Master MTI of the Year, 323rd Training Squadron
2008 AETC Master Instructor Award
2009 NCO of the Year, 37th Training Support Squadron
2016 SNCO Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award, 35th Fighter Wing
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant – 1 Apr 2017
(Current as of Jul 2022)